- Main features
- Future features
- How to use
- Depends (api, libs)
This project is intended to help end-users to download easily subtitles for their movies / series, by using the database of Opensubtitles.
It's a graphical application build with QT4 wich can work
at this moment under any Unix system, Windows and probably on Mac os.
It is licenced under the terms of the GPL v3 and so is free of
use / modify / redistribute under this licence.
If you find this project usefull and want to support it, you can make a donation.
- Available in french / english. ( you can contact me if you want to traduct it in other languages)
- Search subtitles by text query (like the movie name)
- Search subtitles by file (with a hash of the file). This allow to get subtitles corresponding exactly to your movie file (synchronization)
- Can filter any search for specific(s) language(s)
- Display information for a subtitle (comments, votes, ...)
- Automatically changes the encoding of the downloaded subtitles (this often resolve all accents problems)
- Download sub near to the movie file with the same name as the movie
- Associate a file with a subtitle (this way others users will found the associated sub with the same movie file)
- A new method to download, based on a mix of the two others
- Upload subtitles comments
Future features (NOT implemented yet)
- Vote for a subtitle
- Upload subtitles
Main window of the application, in english
Properties dialog (and main window behind) in french
How to use
- You can drag & drop a movie file on the main window, then click Ok
- Or use the Search menu
- by movie file
- by textual query
- Once the subtitles list is filled, click on the download button.
- You can customize the application via preferences button or menu
- connect to opensubtitles with your own login / passwd
- change the colums of the subtitles list view
- change the content of the Detail view
- You can also reorganize the main window as you like
- Every modification will be saved
binaries - v0.6 (actual release)
binaries - v0.5
You can see all binaries files availables here.
You can get the actual developpement sources with:
svn co https://ossearch.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ossearch/trunk ossearch
or get a tar file of trunk. You can also browse source code here
This is the list of apis / libs used for this project. Thanx to all of them !
- Opensubtitles.org api, with xml-RPC framework
- QT4 (core, gui, xml, network).
You can post messages on the open forum.
Do not hesitate !